At Certizona, we know that nothing is more important to you than the safety of your customers, staff members, and facility. Our job is to help provide you with just that.
Certizona helps Arizona businesses and organizations with fire extinguisher testing, inspection, maintenance, repairs, and replacement to ensure your facility’s compliance.
Not only can we service and inspect your fire extinguishers, we also offer a wide range of new fire extinguishers and equipment for any type of business need.
NFPA 10 requires that fire extinguishers must be serviced annually. This is enforced by local fire marshals, OSHA inspectors, and insurance companies.
We can help you meet those requirements. To save you the hassle and keep you code compliant, we can perform the needed services and send the necessary reports to your local fire prevention departments and/or your insurance company.
Fire Extinguisher Recharge, 6 Year Maintenance, and Hydro Testing
This service includes refill or replacement of extinguishing agents/expellant (includes chemical agent for dry chemical extinguishers), nitrogen, tamper seals, o-rings, and recharge labor.
Fire extinguishers must be recharged immediately following any use.
6-Year Maintenance Service:
This service includes an internal examination and recharge of certain stored pressure-type fire extinguishers. This is required to be performed every six years from the manufacturer’s date and dates thereafter or after the extinguisher has been discharged in any way.
This includes chemical agent, nitrogen, o-rings, tamper seals, and recharge labor. We will apply an approved service decal to the cylinder which indicates the month and year of the service performed as well as NFPA 10 required verification of service collars.
Hydrostatic Test Service:
We will perform a pressure test of an extinguisher cylinder to check for structural weaknesses or flaws. This service also includes an internal/external examination of the cylinder to check for excess pitting, corrosion, or other physical deformation. Testing is performed at various intervals, depending on the cylinder type.
Annual Fire Extinguisher Inspection & Maintenance
Fire extinguisher inspections are required every 12 months per NFPA 10 to assure that fire extinguishers will operate safely and effectively. Here’s what is included in our fire extinguisher inspection and maintenance:
- Visually inspect the extinguisher
- Weigh the extinguisher
- Check the hydrostatic test and six-year maintenance dates
- Visually inspect the pressure gauge
- Remove the safety pin to check for operation
- Replace new tamper seal (“flag seal”)
- Check the discharge hose for continuity if applicable
- Inspect the valve assembly
- Clean the extinguisher
- Review for proper placement, size, and type
- Provide a complete and detailed report for submittal to your insurance company and/or fire department
- Attach a new certification tag indicating the month, year, and type of service performed
If your fire extinguishers are not functioning properly, we have the expertise and ability to repair them in many cases.
If it is necessary to replace fire extinguishers, we offer a wide range of new fire extinguishers and equipment to fit the specific needs of your organization.
Fire Extinguisher Training
We also offer the following training to your staff:
- Review of current fire evacuation procedures
- Education of common extinguisher types
- Training on the P.A.S.S. method (Pull, Aim, Squeeze, & Sweep)
- Education regarding common causes of fires and different classes of fires
We provide all participants with certificates for the training provided.
Certizona – Your Full-Service Fire and Safety Provider
As leaders in the fire safety industry, we are CSA and NICET certified, and we belong to the National Association of Fire Equipment Distributors and the National Fire Protection Association. Our staff is highly educated and experienced in fire extinguisher maintenance, inspection, repair, and replacement.
If you are looking for a reliable company to handle your fire extinguisher needs in Phoenix, Mesa, and surrounding areas, give us a call today at 623-227-2092 for a free quote!
- Free Estimates
- Monitoring discounts: 10% Off monthly fees if paid quarterly, 20% off monthly fees if paid annually
- 5% off first years’ service of annual testing and inspections with 3-year service agreement
- 10% off first years’ service of annual testing and inspections with 5-year service agreement